Holidays are an exciting time for students, and Valentine’s Day is no exception. Whether you are looking for craft ideas, ways to decorate your classroom, fun Valentine’s Day activities, or ways to add kindness to the special day, there are plenty of opportunities to make the holiday exciting and educational and keep your students engaged in learning.
Students will undoubtedly be eager for the day, so it’s best to just roll with it. Adding fun Valentine’s Day themed activities will help them stay on task. Here are some activities your students will love.
14 Fun Valentine’s Day Activities
1. Decorate Valentine’s Day Boxes: Encourage students to bring in shoeboxes and decorate them to use as Valentine’s Day card holders.
2. Candy Heart Graphing: Use conversation hearts to practice graphing by having students sort and graph the candies based on colors or messages.
3. Valentine’s Day Fractions Puzzles: Use these digital and print fractions mystery puzzles for students to reinforce their fraction identification skills while completing each puzzle.
4. Valentine’s Day Bingo: Create bingo cards with Valentine’s Day-themed images, words or numbers and play a fun game in the classroom. You can also use candy hearts as markers for spaces.
5. Heart Symmetry: Have students fold and cut hearts from construction paper and then decorate each side symmetrically. They can write a message inside to give to a friend or family member.
6. Valentine’s Day Bookmarks: Let students create their own Valentine’s Day bookmarks with love-themed quotes and stickers.
7. Heart Math Art: Have students create math-inspired art by drawing and coloring geometric shapes and patterns within heart outlines.
8. Valentine’s Day Multiplication and Division Puzzles: Practice multiplication and division fact fluency with these fun digital and print mystery puzzles. As students solve the puzzles, a Valentine’s Day image is revealed.
9. Valentine’s Scavenger Hunt: Have students hunt for special hidden hearts around the room. Each heart can have a math or ELA question to answer when they find it.
10. Love Facts: Use heart-shaped math facts flashcards in a center with games.
11. Love and Kindness Wall: Set up a wall where students can write notes of appreciation and kindness to each other. What an inspiring way to decorate your classroom for February!
12. Heart Measurement: Provide heart-shaped cutouts of different sizes and have students measure and compare their dimensions with rulers or measuring tapes.
13. Valentine’s Day Science Experiments: Conduct simple science experiments with a Valentine’s Day twist, such as creating heart-shaped slime or exploring the science of candy melting.
14. Valentine’s Day Crafts: Set up a crafting station with materials for making heart-shaped crafts, such as paper plate animals, yarn-wrapped hearts, or tissue paper flowers. Use them to decorate your room.
Embracing the festive spirit of Valentine’s Day in the classroom is a wonderful way to infuse joy, creativity, and educational value into the holiday season. As educators, we have the opportunity to channel students’ excitement into meaningful learning experiences with these quick and easy ideas. These Valentine’s Day activities not only capture the spirit of the occasion but also serve as valuable tools for keeping students motivated and actively participating in their education. So, let’s make the most of this special day by blending fun and learning!
Discover More Teaching Tips and Strategies
Check out these blog posts!
Save these Valentine’s Activities
Pin the image below to your favorite classroom holiday Pinterest board to save these activity ideas for later!